- Coach in the context of this document refers to any individual or entity providing a service, such as a personal life coach or a math tutor.
- Client in the context of this document refers to any individual or entity receiving a service, such as a math student or a career professional.
The majority of Internet users are trustworthy and well-intentioned.
Nevertheless, please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
We recommend coaching sessions happen online or through other electronic mediums, but if meeting in person, follow the guidelines below to stay safe.
- Verify the identity of the other person
- Get phone number and address of the person you are meeting and pass it on to a friend or family member
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe or public library.
- Stay in a public place
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going.
- Take your cell phone along to a meeting if you have one.
- Stay sober
- Drive yourself to and from meetings
- Keep your personal items with you at all times.
- Do not meet in unfamiliar areas far away from your home
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
- Trust your instincts.
Protect your finances
- Do not send money for any reason in any form to anyone, especially cash and wire transfers.
- Never give out your financial information (such as you social security number, credit card number or bank information) to any person or company you meet through this site
Guard your personal and online access information
- Do not give out your personal information such as full name, phone number, email and address unless you trust the person and can verify their identity
- Be extra cautious when accessing your account in a public place. Make sure no one is looking over your shoulder
- If accessing your account over a public computer or a computer that you share, be sure to disable the auto sign-in feature and clear all saved passwords.
- Do not send your user name and password to anyone in email. CoachConnecXion.com will never send emails asking for your username and password.
Be Web Wise: Beware of people who exhibit the behaviors below and stay away from them
- Quickly asks to talk or chat on an outside email or messaging service
- Asks you for money: All payments should be made through CoachConnecXion.com only.
- Vanishes mysteriously from the site, then reappears under a different name
- Asks for your personal information like address, birthday or social security number
- Makes an inordinate amount of grammar and/or spelling errors
- Sends you emails containing strange links to third-party websites
- Asking you for money or donations
- Minors using the service without parental consent
- Members sending harassing or offensive emails/IMs
- Members behaving inappropriately
- Fraudulent registration or profiles
- Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call 1-900 numbers or attempts to sell products or services
Taking these simple precautions helps make our site safer for everyone.
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources: